Saturday, 7 April 2012

Jing's Residence

    Jing's Residence is a stunning boutique hotel in the ancient walled city of Pingyao, Shanxi province in China, which is roughly north eastern China. The city itself is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and still remains a very beautiful traditional city of China. Jing's Residence is located in a former mansion of a wealthy Qing dynasty silk merchant.


The market tower in Pingyao, built in the 14th century.


The city walls and streets of Pingyao


 Walkways connecting the courtyards and rooms


The hotel's entrance


One of the suites in the hotel


Courtyard suite

All the rooms look amazing, this hotel is actually my idea of heaven. There are courtyards within the hotel where you can drink teas, there's a spa and on the second floor there is a bar and library which has beautiful roof top views.



I came across this hotel when I was reading through the articles of an American freelance journalist  who reports in China, Hong Kong and Taiwan. I am so jealous of his lifestyle in China and his opportunities to visit these amazing places, this is definitely where I'd like to see myself in about 10 years time.

3 comments:

  1. Oh it looks so beautiful!x

    http://blamingbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like such an amazing place and you photos are so good :) I hope you will follow my blog :)

    leopardinleather.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I wish I'd have taken them myself haha :( if I win the lottery I'm definitely staying there!
    Thank youu
    X

    ReplyDelete